This page has moved to a new address.

Tarte Femme Naturale Eye Shadow Palette Review

Free Fragments: Tarte Femme Naturale Eye Shadow Palette Review

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tarte Femme Naturale Eye Shadow Palette Review

I've had this beautiful Femme Naturale Eye Shadow palette from Tarte for a year now and I still use many of the colors regularly. Overall, I'd recommend this palette for someone who wants to be able to do a couple of basic day and night looks and wants to start an environmentally and health conscious makeup collection.



The Eye Shadows: The colors are varied, which is great for someone starting out or looking for a go-to palette. There is a nice mix of matte and shimmery shades. The real reason I think it's great for a beginner is the helpful guide on how to use the colors to create different looks. The shadows are also the longest-lasting I've ever tried. They go on buttery-smooth.

The Brush: The brush really makes this palette worth the price, I use this brush everyday! I use the diamond side to tap on eyeshadow across my lid and I use the round side to add (usually a darker color) to the creases.

The Eyeliners: I'm not too impressed with these eyeliners. The colors (a purple and an olive) are okay and certainly different from the brown and black most makeup users will already have, but I didn't care for the formula. It was too difficult to get the color onto my eyes.

The Case: The case is very cute and mobile. The magnet is very strong (sometimes too strong when you try to set up the palette to look in the mirror the first few times!). The eye shadows are adhered into the palette not with the usual glue (which makes all depotters go crazy), but nice magnets! You can truly remove shadows from one palette and place them in other palettes to create a go-to daily palette. You can also buy replacements for certain shadows online (however, these are $17 a pop, the selection is sub-par -only femme natural eye shadows at the moment- and it seems a better deal to buy another palette).

The Brand: I can't say enough good things about Tarte. They are a higher-end brand, so they are more expensive, but if you are looking to invest in makeup, they are the brand I would recommend. They have a great mission: their products are formulated without parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances and they use packaging materials from recyclable or post-consumer recycled material.

The Price: $44 at Tarte.com, you get a lot for this price. You can also get a 20% coupon when you sign up for Tarte emails, making this palette only $35. Some of the other palettes similar to this one are on sale for $30 as well.

Overall: I love it!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Abbey said...

Great review! I've always been interested in this palette, I might have to put it on my wishlist :)

xo Abbey

abbeylovesallure.blogspot.com

 
At January 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I also have a large Tarte palette set that's probably two years old and I still use it!

 
At January 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! Their other palettes are great as well!

 
At January 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! Their shadows are mineral based so they don't get old like drugstore makeup. Great for someone who only wears makeup occasionally.

 
At January 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM , Blogger Eatlovemerry said...

These so beautiful!

 
At February 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

They're even better in person!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home